Professor Megan Povey
- Job title: Professor of Food Physics
- Email: M.J.W.Povey@food.leeds.ac.uk
- Telephone: +44(0)113 343 2963
- Faculty: Faculty of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- School: School of Food Science and Nutrition
- Location: Room 1.09
Prof. Megan Povey is a Physicist who has worked with food for over three decades, developing novel ultrasound/acoustic methods for food characterization and processing. Most recently, in collaboration with colleague Jianshe Chen, she has highlighted the importance of sound in the human appreciation of food. She is a designer, together with Phillip Nelson, of several instruments for analysing food and its stability including the Cygnus UVM ultrasound velocity meter and the Acoustiscan scanner. She is also co-inventor of the Ultracane blind aid.