Professor Jared West
- Job title: Professor of Hydrogeology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 5253
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Earth and Environment
- Location: SEE 9.151
- Areas of expertise: hydrogeology; engineering geology; geotechnics; applied geophysics; rock engineering
Dr Jared West’s research addresses physical and geophysical approaches to the characterization of fluid flow (groundwater, hydrocarbons) and contaminant movement in the subsurface, utilising hydraulic (pumping) and tracer tests, ground penetrating radar and geoelectrical techniques. Laboratory studies are conducted to characterise fundamental physico-chemical mechanisms underlying field-scale hydrogeological, geotechnical and geophysical responses, and relate geophysical properties with hydrological, petrophysical, geotechnical or geochemical variables.
Research funding: NERC, European Commission and private sector.
Over 20 years experience teaching Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, covering groundwater and ground contamination topics, field teaching and MSc dissertation project supervision.