Professor Douglas Parker
- Job title: Professor of Meteorology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 6739
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Earth and Environment
- Location: 10.06 Priestley Building
- Areas of expertise: meteorology; dynamics of weather systems; convective storms; African weather and climate; tropical meteorology and forecasting; fronts and cyclones; monsoons; atmospheric fluid dynamics.
Professor Douglas Parker is a Meteorologist studying the physics and fluid dynamics of the atmosphere. His research group investigates the dynamics of weather systems such as cumulonimbus storms, cyclones and monsoons. They conduct observational and theoretical studies to develop new models of these weather patterns, and to explain their role in the climate system. Their work contributes to improving weather and climate predictions, and making these predictions more relevant to society.