Professor Barbara Evans
- Job title: Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 1990
- Faculty: Faculty of Engineering
- School: School of Civil Engineering
- Location: 4.14 SCAPE
- Areas of expertise: Water and wastewater engineering and water supply and sanitation in developing countries.
Professor Barbara Evans holds the chair in Public Health Engineering in the School of Civil Engineering at the University of Leeds. Her research activities centre on sanitation, hygiene and water services in the global south. Professor Evansâ€™ research includes sanitation in low income urban communities, rural sanitation and water/sanitation in cities and towns. Within these areas, particular emphasis is placed on the development of effective strategies for management and disposal of faecal sludge, alternatives to conventional water borne sewerage in dense urban areas, effectiveness of rural sanitation programmes, sustainability and equity in community-wide approaches which eliminate open defecation, health impacts of open defecation practices, technologies and institutions to link community sanitation and water investments with city networks.