Dr Ryan Neely
- Job title: Lecturer in Observational Atmospheric Science
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty: Environment
- School: School of Earth and Environment
- Location: NCAS Fairbairn House 71-75 Clarendon Road Leeds LS2 9PH
- Areas of expertise: clouds and aerosol processes in the past, present and future climates
- Faculty profile link: https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/see/staff/1447/dr-ryan-neely-III
He was most recently a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Advanced Study Program at NCAR, Boulder. Ryan will contribute to the existing radar group led by Professor Chris Collier and will lead in new areas that are strategically important to NCAS and ICAS.
Neely Ryan1Ryan’s research is geared towards understanding clouds and aerosol processes in the past, present and future climates. He has made significant contributions to the science of lidar instrumentation, Arctic cloud observations and global modelling. He has recently been involved with a long-term observational programme to investigate clouds and tropospheric properties at Summit, Greenland that utilizes an array of active and passive remote sensing instruments.