Dr Pam Birtill
- Job title: Associate Professor
- Email: P.Birtill@leeds.ac.uk
- Telephone: +44(0)113 343 5735
- Faculty: Faculty of Medicine and Health
- School: School of Psychology
- Location: 2.14 Psychology
Dr Birtill is interested in food, the experiences of eating and the ways in which we can influence people’s behaviour to eat more healthily.
With Professor Marion Hetherington, I examine eating in children, and how to encourage children and adolescents to have a more healthy diet. I have supervised both MSc and PhD students, and collaborate with colleagues in Healthcare and Food Sciences.
With Professor Aaron Meskin (School of Philosophy, Religion and History of Science) I have been conducting research examining the effects of ethical information of expectation and experience of tastes of food.