Dr K Johan L Mattsson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 3815
- Faculty: Faculty of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- School: School of Physics and Astronomy
- Location: Room 9.60
- Areas of expertise: Soft matter, glass, non-equilibrium, gel, battery
Current research topics include: (i) Formation and behaviour of non-equilibrium systems such as glasses, gels or jammed states in molecular, colloidal or supramolecular systems (ii) the effect of chain conformation and shear on the dynamics of oligomers and polymers (iii) physical gelation in polymeric and colloidal systems (iv) structure and dynamics in thin polymer films and other geometrically confined systems (v) applications including the development of novel battery materials and the cryopreservation of proteins and cells. I use experimental techniques including light, x-ray and neutron scattering, dielectric spectroscopy, rheology, calorimetry and laser scanning confocal microscopy together with a wide range of characterisation techniques including optical microscopy, SEM, TEM, AFM and QCM.