Dr Josie South
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty: Faculty of Biological Science
- School: School of Biology
- Location: Miall 9.17
- Areas of expertise: fish ecology, trophic interactions, invasion ecology, multiple stressors, impact prediction, crayfish ecology, inland fisheries, risk assessment, conflict species
- Faculty profile link: https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/biological-sciences/staff/1912/dr-josie-south
My research interests are in predicting quantifying the way stressors (invasive species, climate, pollution) affect aquatic ecosystems, usually via trophic interaction networks. Other research lines involve human-nature coupled systems in invasion ecology and fisheries sustainability. Particularly in the contributions of invasive species to social development in rural areas. My research is spread across Europe, southern Africa, Indonesia, and Brazil.