Dr Clare Woulds
- Job title: Associate Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 9440
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Geography
- Location: 10.33 Garstang
Dr Clare Woulds’ research is broadly concerned with studying the biogeochemical processes occurring in marine sediments, with an emphasis on the cycling and burial of organic carbon and nitrogen, and the role played by benthic fauna in shaping their own geochemical environment. Her work in low oxygen environments has led to a particular interest in de-convolving the often co-varying factors of sediment organic matter content, dissolved oxygen concentration and benthic faunal community biomass and structure in determining the early diagenetic pathways of organic carbon.