Dr Catherine Moody
- Job title: Senior Research Fellow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 34 37969
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Geography
- Location: Garstang 10.06
- Areas of expertise: peatlands; carbon cycling; water chemistry; environmental biogeochemistry; hydrology
I joined the University of Leeds in 2016, after two years of Postdoctoral Research and my PhD at Durham University. I currently have a NERC Industrial Innovation Fellowship to investigate the composition of dissolved organic matter and its impact on water treatment in a changing climate. I am also currently leading a project monitoring hydrology and key ecosytem service impacts of introducing Sphagnum plugs to areas of peatland dominated by either Calluna, Eriophorum or Molinia in conjunction with Moors for the Future in the Peak District National Park.
The principal focus of my research is the carbon cycling of peatlands and the impact of organic matter on the water industry. This comprises the biogeochemistry and cycling of organic matter in upland catchments, examining the environmental impact of land use, and the degradability and composition of organic matter; integrating the outputs within the wider framework of greenhouse gas emissions and the treatment of drinking water from peatlands and river catchments.
Any research projects I’m currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- PhD, Durham University
- BSc Biology, University of York
Research groups and institutes
- River Basin Processes and Management