- Job title: Professor of Food Physics
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 2963
- Faculty: Faculty of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- School: School of Food Science and Nutrition
- Location: Room 1.09
- External profile link: http://www.food.leeds.ac.uk/People/Povey.php
Prof. Malcolm Povey is a Physicist who has worked with food for over three decades, developing novel ultrasound/acoustic methods for food characterization and processing. Most recently, in collaboration with colleague Jianshe Chen, he has highlighted the importance of sound in the human appreciation of food. He is designer, together with Phillip Nelson, of several instruments for analysing food and its stability including the Cygnus UVM ultrasound velocity meter and the Acoustiscan scanner. He is also co-inventor of the Ultracane blind aid.