Dr Sumit Sinha
- Job title: Senior Research Fellow
- Email: S.Sinha1@leeds.ac.uk
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Earth and Environment
- Location: 11.121 School of Earth and Environment
- Areas of expertise: Crop yield simulation; Hydrological modelling; Water quality modelling; Hydraulic modelling and Groundwater modelling
I obtained my PhD in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois ar Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) in 2012. After finishing my PhD, I worked as a research scientist at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Magdeburg, Germany between 2012 and 2014.
Prior to joining Leeds, I worked as a PDRA in the Department of Geography and Environment Sciences, University of Reading (2016-2017). I was employed as a PDRA in Geography Department, Durham University between 2014 and 2016.
I am increasingly focussed on examining the water quality issues that might emanate from sustaining and increasing agricultural production for increasing population under diverse climactic condition with the help of state-of-the-art crop-yield, hydrological and water quality models.