Dr Samuel Eze
- Job title: Research Fellow
- Email: S.Eze@leeds.ac.uk
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Earth and Environment
- Location: 11.06 Priestley Building
- Areas of expertise: Soil health; soil carbon dynamics; ecosystem carbon flux; carbon sequestration; climate-smart agriculture; climate change
- Faculty profile link: https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/see/staff/2592/dr-samuel-eze
I have a BSc in Soil Science (Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria), an MSc in Sustainable Environmental Management (University of Greenwich, London, UK) and a PhD in Physical Geography (University of Leeds, UK). My PhD focused on the impacts of climate change and agricultural land management practices on soil health, particularly soil carbon dynamics in the UK upland grasslands.
As an Impact Translation Fellow, I conducted an evidence review on the impacts of different land management practices in the UK on soil health parameters. I am currently investigating the impacts of various climate-smart agricultural practices on soil health in Africa.