Dr Janet Richardson
- Job title: Impact Translation Fellow
- Email: J.C.Richardson@leeds.ac.uk
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Earth and Environment
- Areas of expertise: ancient landscapes and landscape development; Source to sink analysis; Quantifying erosion rates; GIS; Sedimentology; Geomorphology.
- Faculty profile link: https://icasp.org.uk/icasp-people/janet-richardson/
Janet has a background in Earth Sciences, especially in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), geomorphology, hydrology and sedimentology. Her PhD on landscape evolution of ancient river systems in South Africa involved investigating erosion rates, source to sink analysis and morphometric characterisation of drainage basins using GIS. She has also worked on characterising mixed bedrock alluvial rivers in Wales.
Janet spent a year in industry as an environmental consultant (primarily in geomorphology) where she gained experience of assessing water company drought plans including geomorphological and hydrological assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments and Habitat Regulation Assessments.