Dr Graeme Swindles
- Job title: Associate Professor of Earth System Dynamics
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 9127
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Geography
- Location: Garstang 10.31
Major research foci include (i) the long-term ecohydrological dynamics and functioning of temperate, tropical and subarctic peatlands; (ii) the use of testate amoebae as environmental indicators in peatlands and lakes; (iii) high-resolution dating methods including tephrochronology; (iv) the critical examination of past human response and adaptation to climate change using palaeoenvironmental and archaeological data; (v) the use of palaeoenvironmental data and probability modelling in geohazards research; and (vi) the use of quantitative reconstruction and statistical modelling techniques for understanding long-term climatic and environmental change.