- Job title: Lecturer in Soil Biogeochemistry
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 7991
- Faculty: Faculty of Environment
- School: School of Geography
- External profile link: https://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/s.palmer
Dr Sheila Palmer is a Lecturer in Soil Biogeochemistry with a particular interest in upland, peat and forest soils. Her work includes the effect of environmental (e.g. acid rain) and land management change (e.g. burning, afforestation) on soil and solution chemistry, and the subsequent effects on surface water quality. She is particularly interested in the cycling of carbon and the mobilisation of metals.