- Job title: Associate Professor; Textiles Technology Group Leader
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 3757
- Faculty: Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- School: School of Design
- Location: Clothworkers' Building South, Room 2.10
- External profile link: http://www.design.leeds.ac.uk/people/richard-blackburn/
Dr Blackburn’s key areas of research focus around the principles of sustainability and how these principles can be applied in the fields of materials science, coloration technology and cosmetics. His research is important in terms of the contribution to basic research, fundamental discoveries, and influence on the direction of the field, making a significant contribution to the scientific community. His research also has significant impact in its application in terms of providing more sustainable products and processes for industry and society. Co-founder and director of spin-out company Keracol Limited.